Wednesday 26 August 2020

Beyond Our Imagination!

Hello!

Even sky is not the limit for the little ones and their imagination!

Through this post I want to share one such experience of mine with my batch of 7.5 year olds.

While learning about stars and constellations, we did an art activity as an integration with the topic. I was taken by surprise to see their creativity.  

This activity requires very simple preparation and it's easy to do.

You could give a name to the activity. I called it : Finding My Constellation


You will need:
      
  • Black kg card sheet/chart paper
  • Silver acrylic paint 
  • Paint brushes 
  • Some water
  • Pencil


Begin by diluting the paint with very little water. Add water only if it is required. The consistency should be on the thicker side. Once it's ready ask the kids to dip their paint brush and sprinkle on the black kg card. The silver dots will look like tiny stars.

Now comes the interesting part!

After the paint is dry, ask the kids to look at the stars carefully and try to find their own constellation. Once they have visualised, ask them to use a pencil to connect the dots/stars and draw them.
 
Believe me, you will be wonder struck by looking at their creation.


To highlight the constellation, you could ask the kids to make the dots/stars a little thicker. Finally, ask them to write a line or two describing their constellation and giving a name to it. 
They will simply love doing that!


Have a sharing time during which students show their constellation to everyone and talk about it. 


While my class was busy finding their own constellations, I found mine too! I called it The Shiny Seahorse! :)

Here are a few pictures of constellations created by my grade 02 students.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

You will soon have a galaxy of your own. Fantastic work. Keep it up!

Ruchika Lakhani said...

Thank you so much! :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea Ruchika👍