Monday 6 April 2020

Mysterious Mummies!!


Hello!
I have always been curious about the Egyptians and the mummification of bodies. The more I come across the history of Egypt the more I am intrigued. 

In one of the reading classes, my co-teacher and I had started reading about Cleopatra to our students. The discussions thereafter were never-ending and they wanted to know more about the ancient Egyptians, their writings, their food, mummies and pyramids.


While surfing the net, I came across 
https://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/ . It was just what I needed! 

The content was simple and apt. The activities were engaging and guess what, kids could also make their own 'mummy'! 

The home page of the website looks like this: 
Choose Ancient Egypt and start exploring. You will come across many sub topics.
Depending on the age group and your class strength, you could cover all the sub topics in  one class or spread them across 2-3 classes.
Some of the activities have audio as well hence, you might need headphones.

As a teacher, what I like best about the website is there is no need to sign up. Although, the topics are limited; I find them very effective and gripping. The slides are informative,  illustrative and colourful.

P.S. Would you like to write like an Egyptian? 
       Just click on the link below and type your name. :-)  

   
       https://www.penn.museum/cgi/hieroglyphsreal.php


                   R       
                   U
                    C
                    H
                    I
                   K
                   A

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So informative. Loved the use of hieroglyphics

Ruchika Lakhani said...

Thank you :-)